Ray Glass Company was established by Grady O. Ray and his wife Martha in 1949. The business was opened in an old building on the far west end of Rosenberg. Grady bought a few pieces of auto glass, an old Ford truck and a grinder from a local man for a few hundred dollars and began installing glass in vehicles.
In the 1950’s Ray Glass Company expanded and began installing mirrors, shower enclosures and store fronts.
On April 18, 1953, Grady leased a building on Ave H and
moved the business. Grady purchased the property in 1958. Through the 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980’s the business continued to grow, as did the surrounding communities.
In 1986 Grady passed away and the management of the family business was assumed by his son, Bob, who had worked along side his father several years prior. In 1994-95 the current building, which is four and a half times larger than the original, was built next door to the old building to accommodate new needs and expand the business.